September is the month of a new term, motorsports and the beginning of Autumn! The leaves on the trees are already starting to change and mornings are getting colder. September also brings us a day to concentrate on all things positive, Positive Thinking Day, life can be difficult but it’s always important to focus on the positive things. For me, it’s just as important to think about the positive things as thinking about things that make you happy.
Positive Thinking Day
Positive Thinking Day was started by an American entrepreneur started in 2003, so that people could commemorate the many rewards that can be found in thinking positively and set aside all negative thoughts and see that the glass is always half full. The holiday, also known as International Positive Thinking Day encourages people to deal with difficult situations in life with optimism and positivity.
The stresses and struggles of daily life can sometimes fill our heads with pessimistic thoughts. This day promotes the idea that negative thoughts do more harm than good, they drain energy, create more stress and can make one a less likeable person. Positive thinking can have many benefits, studies have shown that positive thinking can reduce stress and the risk of heart diseases, lower depression and increase lifespan.
How can you celebrate?
- Make a conscious decision not to put yourself down every time you do something wrong.
- Laugh as much as you can.
- Do something nice for yourself, a loved one or a stranger – doing good deeds can help increase levels of optimism.
- Start the day positively by saying “Today is going to be a good day!” This will set the tone for the day ahead of you.
- Show gratitude for the simple things in life.
- Be kind to someone today.
- The best thing you can do for yourself and others, today and every day is to simply smile.
I hope you have enjoyed this post! Thank-you for reading, what is one
positive thing you are thankful for in your life?