It’s no surprise that I love creating Goals, over the past twelve months, I have shared with you my Monthly Goals, these, in turn, help me to achieve both my Personal and Blogging Goals. January is the perfect month to create Goals for the whole year. Of course, that’s because it is, in fact, the start of the year! Also, there’s just something fresh and exciting about January.
Today, I am reflecting on my Personal Goals that I set at the beginning of 2019 and then creating new ones for 2020. 2019 was the first year I did this and to be honest, I’m very glad I did! It helped me to stay on track in the year and who doesn’t love achieving something. Then each month I’m helping to keep on track with my Goals by breaking them down monthly.
This makes Goals so much more manageable. Think about it this way, if you achieve a little Goal each month, then sooner or later you’ll achieve your main Goal. You’ll soon notice that each Goal in my Monthly Goals actually helps and reflects my Yearly Goals. It’s such a simple thing, but really does help! I’m looking forward to 2020 and kicking some serious butt with everything.
Enough chit-chat, let’s review my Personal Goals for 2019:
- Own house/move out: Hmm, this didn’t happen. We are close, but unfortunately, not close enough! I’ve worked it out and as long as things go well saving wise in 2020, we could be looking at moving out in 2021. Fingers crossed.
- New car: Achieved! If you don’t already know, I purchased a brand new MG 3 in January last year. I won’t go into too much detail as I’ve spoken about it in my February Favourites and My Year in Review.
- Promotion/grow with 4CM: Achieved! I was promoted to Senior Account Executive back in March. Since then I have grown, even more, let’s see what 2020 brings.
- Read 20 books: Didn’t go well, I wasn’t even able to read half my Goal! I will be talking more about my 2019 Goodreads Challenge and setting a new Goal for 2020 soon.
- Volunteer with Scouts: Done! Massive tick on this one. I’ve created many memories and adventures. I’m excited to see what 2020 brings.
- New hobbies: Hmm, I’ve been going over this one and I’m afraid, not achieved.
- Spend more time offline: Yup. My offline time seems to go in peaks though. One month I’m travelling across the UK and then the next I’m indoors 24/7. But overall, I would say achieved.
I think overall I did really well with the Personal Goals I set for 2019. I’m happy with my accomplishments and achievements. Ok, I haven’t achieved them all, but really, who does? Well, in some way, I have achieved apart of it, which is definitely a good thing! Now it’s onwards and upwards for 2020, which leads me into the perfect time to, share my new Personal Goals.
Here are my Personal Goals for 2020:
- Read 20 Books
- Run a 5k
- Better manage my finances
- Do a no-spend challenge
- Visit somewhere new
- Learn a new skill
Thank-you for reading! What’s one thing you want to achieve in 2020?
Love Gemma x