Last week, I shared my 2020 Personal Goals, it’s now time for my 2020 Blogging Goals. A range of Goals that I would love to achieve over the course of 2020 with my blog and social media platforms. 2019 was an OK year for An Ocean Glimmer, the only milestone I achieved was reaching 20k all-time views. Unfortunately, it was an up and down year, with some months not even posting once!
I have everything crossed for 2020, I’m very excited to see what happens this year. Let’s hope it’s a good one. From where I am now, things can only go up! I have all of January mapped out and already some plans in place for February. I know that the barrier to new content will come soon though, if there’s anything, in particular, you would love to see on An Ocean Glimmer, please let me know in the comments!
Today, I am reflecting on my Blogging Goals that I set at the beginning of 2019 and then creating new ones for 2020. 2019 was the first year I did this and to be honest, I’m very glad I did! It helped me to stay on track in the year and who doesn’t love achieving something. Then each month I’m helping to keep on track with my Goals by breaking them down monthly.
Enough chit-chat, let’s review my Blogging Goals for 2019:
- Be Consistent: Hmm, well I’m sure you all know the answer to this one!
- 20k Blog Views: Achieved. I’m soo proud of myself for this one. Despite those quiet ones.
- Go Self-Hosted: Hmm, nahh. There’s one side of me that wants to, then another side that doesn’t. I think I just need to pluck up the coverage. What’s there to lose?
- 1k Blog Followers: Unfortunately, no I wasn’t even close. I’m still only just over 500 followers.
- 100 Facebook Likes: Facebook is a slow burner, slower than Instagram. I’m only at 34 likes, I’m a long way off…
- 5k Twitter Followers: Nope, I’m afraid not. I’m still over 1k followers away. Fingers crossed for 2020.
- Regular Collaborations: The first half of the year was pretty good for collaborations and then the second half dropped off. I’m hopeful for 2020 and I’m excited to see what it brings.
- 2k Instagram Followers: Umm no, unfortunately, I’m now on the path to reaching 1k followers! It’s hard to gain followers but very easy to lose them
2019 was a mixed year for An Ocean Glimmer, I did as well as I could have done for the year. As mentioned above, there were no big accomplishments or achievements but the small ones were worth it. Achieving something is better than nothing! Now it’s onwards and upwards for 2020, which leads me into the perfect time to, share my new Blogging Goals.
Here are my Blogging Goals for 2020:
- Be consistent
- Comment on more blogs
- Regular collaborations
- 5k followers on Twitter
- 200 posts on Instagram
- 1.5k followers on Instagram
- 1k followers on An Ocean Glimmer
- 500 views a month on An Ocean Glimmer
- Rebrand An Ocean Glimmer
Thank-you for reading! What’s one thing you want to achieve in 2020 with your blog?
Love Gemma x