Is there anyone that doesn’t love a good binge-watch session!? Whether that’s a favourite boxset or a brand new series on Netflix, I love just cuddling up on the sofa and watching a new series. Recently Netflix has been killing it with their programmes! Some amazing series have appeared, both old favourites and brand new series. Least with Netflix they upload every episode so you’re able to binge-watch a series. Back in April last year, I shared with you my Current Netflix Top Picks – it’s that time of year to share again.
I’m really excited to share these with you today – hopefully, you’ll come across a couple you’ve been wanting to watch or completely new to you. Winter is the perfect time of year for binge-watching! Grab a blanket, cuddle up on the sofa and watch a movie or even binge-watch one of the many series on Netflix. I’ve watched so much recently! Another reason for sharing my Current Top Picks with you. One minute with Netflix there’s hardly anything, then the next there are so many shows to watch you just don’t have the time!
Enough chit-chat, shall we begin?
1. V Wars | I always wondered what happened to Ian Somerhalder! I’m glad he’s back with V Wars and yup, the V stands for vampires but these aren’t your typical white and sparkly vampires. I was a little unsure about this programme at first but I pushed through and before I realised, I had finished the series!
As I’ve said previously supernatural is my favourite genre, another reason for sticking with V Wars. Also, this is another Netflix series that’s based on a novel series AND graphic novel! I need to invest in the graphic novels, to continue my love for the series, of course until the second season appears. Hopefully…
2. The Witcher | I know of The Witcher but I’ve never really been interested in the games. This series though is amazing! Henry Cavill is pretty dreamer, which makes it even better. There are so many twists and turns, I would definitely recommend watching the whole season for a second time.
As mentioned above, I have never played the game, this isn’t important to understand the storyline as it’s mostly all explained. I am very excited for the second season, especially with THAT ending. I’m not going to spoil it, I just recommend watching for yourself.
3. Locke & Key | You know when a series is good when you binge-watch an entire season and can’t believe the ending! I think Locke & Key is the best series I have watched in a while, I was unsure about the series when I saw the trailer but I’m glad I gave it a chance.
Now thinking back, despite there being 10 episodes, I feel like I watched it really quickly. Some parts were a little slow but just push through those! I would love there to be a second season, fingers crossed eh. This also another based on a comic book, I definitely need to get my hands on it!
4. October Faction | Don’t you just hate it when Netflix brings out a new series while you’re watching a different one? That’s exactly what happened after starting October Faction, but once I finished Locke & Key I jumper straight back into watching October Faction.
I’m glad I finished it, but now it’s wondering when season 2 will come out! Another series that has a lot of twists and turns, you just have to keep your attention to understand everything that’s going on. Also the massive twist at the end! Woow… that’s all I’m going to say.
5. 6 Underground | Now last but not least and the only film on my list 6 Underground! I didn’t know anything about this one until my Uncle mentioned it but with Ryan Reynolds, I couldn’t say no. This is such a different and unusual concept but works amazingly.
Action movies are one of my favourites, this one definitely did not disappoint, I would recommend to all. Netflix definitely know how to create a great movie, I love how they’re making films that could give cinema ones a run for their money.
I hope you have enjoyed this! What’s your favourite Netflix programme?
Love Gemma x